Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Top 5 Drugstore Beauty Products

I did not include any Mark or Avon products.  I only included products that are accessible in either drugstores or super centers.

1.) Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer - This makes my skin softer and does a good job of evening out my skin tone.  This blends right into the skin and doesn't feel or look greasy like some tinted moisturizers do.  My t-zone gets oily in the summer, and this hasn't made my face feel or look oily at all.  This gives a bit of a matte finish, while still giving a nice glow to the skin.  This is nice for everyday use, and I use it when I just want to even out my skintone.  (Great for a hot, summer day) I paid $10.49 for this at Walmart, and you get 1 fl oz of this in a hygienic plastic tube with a pump.  The packaging is fantastic.  My only gripe is that my shade (medium to olive 06) is the darkest shade that is comes in.  I'm NC40/42 in the summer and NC35/37 in the winter, and I can see this working for someone up to NC43 (MAYBE NC44).  I've actually seen where NC42's have worn shade Tan to Medium 50.  If you're skintone is deeper than that, this unfortunately won't work for you.  (Neutrogena needs to expand their shade range, especially with Gabrielle Union as one of their models!)

2.) Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation (Combo/Oily)- This is an AMAZING drugstore find! This gives flawless, full coverage.  This covers just about ANYTHING.  The problem that I had when I first tried this out was that I applied too much.  I applied it like I applied my normal light coverage foundations, and I looked overly made up.  The second time I applied this, I used less (a little truly goes a long way), and this looked amazing.  It doesn't feel heavy on the skin.  The coverage is great, and it really works for oil-control.  (If you have dry skin, please look at the bottle & make sure that you are buying the version of this for combo/dry skin.)  This is often compared to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid.  I actually like this better than Studio Fix Fluid.  I feel like this covers better.  Also, SFF broke me out almost immediately, and this one did not (I have sensitive skin).  I use this for when I want fuller coverage and for special occasions.)  My only gripe is that this doesn't come with a pump.  Revlon should use the same packaging as they do with the Photoready. 

3.) Covergirl Natureluxe Glossbalm- LOVE LOVE LOVE this.  I have it in Coral.  This gives the perfect amount of color.  It's not like some glossy that barely give any color at all, but it's not super vibrant either.  Perfect everyday colorpay off.  These are great for a job where you need to have minimal makeup.  These gives your lips the perfect kiss of color, and these are super moisturizing.  My lips are on the dry side, and a lot of lipsticks dry my lips out.  I love how moisturizing this is.  It feels just like a lip balm but gives that gorgeous glossy color without the sticky mess of a lipgloss.  Covergirl often has Bogo (buy 1, get 1 50%) sales.  Wait for a Bogo sales, and grab these in 2 colors.  They are worth it.

4.) Maybelline FIT! Me Bronzer (Deep Bronze)- I was actually surprised at how well this works.  I received it in a swap on MUA as an extra.  I decided to try it out, even though I was disappointed with Maybelline's old bronzer that was in an identical container.  This works really well.  Deep bronze is the perfect shade of bronze for my NC40/42 skintone.  The little brush actually works with with contouring. This is MUCH better than Maybelline's old bronzers.  This is a great drugstore find.  Don't waste your money on Benefit's Hoola or NARS Laguna.  Check these out first.  They come in 3 shades.

5.) Sally Hanson Hard As Nails & Extreme Wear Nail Polishes- Sally's nail polishes have been my favorite for a long time, since long before I tried OPI.  I've been into OPI a lot lately.  I've been loving their My Lifesaver nail polish for Summer, BUT as much as I love it, I always go back to Sally Hanson.  Her polishes are affordable and have an excellent formula.  I've gotten Extreme Wear & Hard As Nails for as little as $1.99-$2.99 at Rite Aid.  They go on smoothly and dry quickly, no clumps or chipping, and are available in a wide variety of colors.  Sally Hanson had dupes of all of the nail polishes in MAC's Quite Cute Collection by the way.  You're bound to find a color that you like for the right price.

No comments:

Post a Comment