Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

All Things Girly: Top 6 Beauty Favs!

Things that I'm loving right now:

1. Bath & Body Works Pink Grapefruit Collection- (grabbed 2 body wash, a body lotion, and body splash during the Semi Annual Sale.  That is the only time that The Pink Grapefruit collection is sold in the stores.  It's exclusively online all year long.)  I'm absolutely LOVING the sent and the body wash is amazing!! I can't use the body wash without the matching lotion and a spritz of the splash!  Not too sweet where it's sickening but just sweet enough.  Perfect summer sent! (P.S. Grapefruit is my favorite fruit!)

2. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation (Combo/Oily)- I've been loving this lately.  My skin hasn't been behaving it's best lately.  This foundation never fails me.  It covers like a dream, without feeling heavy.  It controls oil very well (my skin is oily in the summer, super dry in winter. Revlon makes a version of this for dry skin as well.).  This looks flawless, yet natural (if you don't use too much! a LITTLE goes a long way.  This stuff can be easy to overdo.  So use a light hand.).

3. Avon Supershock MAX Mascara (black)-  MY FAVORITE mascara ever!! This packs even more punch than the original Supershock.  Just one coat of this stuff is powerful.  (My lashes are on the shorter side, unlike my daughter who has super long gorgeous lashes!).  After 3-4 coats, my lashes look super glam & dramatic (just the way I like).  This stuff gives my lashes a nice curl that lasts all day and really volumizes them.  (I have an article on this mascara so check it out!).  I've tried Diorshow mascara (super expensive) and Maybelline Falsies (that's supposed to give that False Lash effect), and they do not compare to this at all.  I personally LOVE the false lash look, without the false lashes.  This stuff gives me exactly what I want.  (& I got it for super cheap in the Avon Demo Book at $2.34! STEAL!).  All I need is a few coats of this on my eyes & I'm good!

4. Mark Glossblossom- I've been using this stuff ALL of the time.  I've been wearing it everyday lately.  I've had it for a while, since before I even became an Avon rep.  I actually had misplaced it and found it again.  (Was actually going to order it again until I found it!)  I love how this really does change my clear to a perfect shade of pink.  The pigmentation is amazing, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how glossy this is, without being sticky!  My favorite lipgloss of all time. I hope Mark keeps this around forever.  (I've tried the Smashbox O Gloss & the Mark One is so much better.)

5.  Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver Nail Polish (Justin Beiber Collection)- No I am not a Beiber fanatic.  I do think he has a nice voice, but he has nothing to do with why I purchased this nail polish.  The color caught my eye.  I do have Mint Sorbet by Sally Hanson (more mint-green) and Teeny Bikini by Sephora Collection (similar to Mint Sorbet but less sheer).  The My Lifesaver is a more blue-based minty green color (while the other 2 mentioned are more on the green side).  MLS is more of a light turquoise shade.  It's really gorgeous.  It goes on kind of sheer at first, but it's buildable.  I usually go with 2 coats.  This applies so smoothly and dries easily (OPI has amazing quality).  Lasts long too with no top coat.  I've been wearing this on my toes all the time, and rotating it between Leotard Optional from OPI (gorgeous pinky/nude shade) on my finger nails.  DEFINITELY a SUMMER STAPLE for me!! I'll probably continue to wear this all throughout the rest of summer.

6. MARK Good Glowing Mosaic Blush in Chica- I'd been wanting to try out a Mark blush for a while now.  I've been selling Avon/Mark for quite some time now, but I just recently picked up 2 Mark Blushes in Campaign 14 (Chica & Sun Love Glo).  (Go check out my swatches & review on them!)  Chica is the PERFECT shade of coral and has a gorgeous (not overpowering at all) shimmer to it making it the PERFECT summer blush.  The pigmentation is amazing and the texture is really smooth & blends like a dream!  I usually don't wear the same blush all the time.  I like to change things up and wear different shades each day, but I've been reaching for this particular shade almost everyday that I wear blush.  I am in love with the shade & the texture! This just may be the 1st product that I hit pan with!

P.S. I was only supposed to have a top 5, but I just had to add on one more.  Hope everyone enjoyed! :)

Shop my Avon/Mark Store for goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment