Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lazy Saturday Day FOTD

I went with no makeup to the YMCA this morning for Parent/Tot swim with my 2 year old.  After I got home, I decided to put a little bit of minimal makeup on just to make myself feel more alive.  This simple look is suitable for running errands, just lounging around with friends/significant other, or even for school.


Face: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer (Medium-Olive 60) SPF20
You can use any tinted moisturizer or light foundation of your choice to achieve this look.  I recommend something with a decent amount of SPF (15/20 or more if you are going to be in the sun all day) in the summertime.  It's been really hot here lately, so tinted moisturizers are a great option.  (When taking wearing something with a decent amount of SPF, before of the dreaded "white cast" if you are going to be taking flash photography.  The Neutrogena doesn't give as much of a white cast as other products that I've used.)
Eyes: MAC Sweet & Punchy Eyeshadow (from To The Beach Summer '10 collection)
There again, you can achieve this look by applying any eyeshadow of your choice.  I chose this bright yellow/green shade because I thought it was perfect for summer.  Since the lips are going to be minimal, you can play up your eyes with a pop of color.
Lips: MAC Lustreglass Flashmode (I believe this shade has been discontinued. I purchased it in 2009).  
For this look, we are going to focus on glossy, yet natural colored lips.  Mark's Glossblossom would be a great choice or a clear gloss would work well too, to enhance your lips' natural pigmentation.  The shade that I used is a very sheer pink shade with shimmers.  There is not much pigment to the gloss at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment