Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rite Aid Haul :)



When I first hit the beauty scene, I was all about "high-end".  The gurus who i watched on youtube were all about the high end products and that's all that I heard about...MAC, NARS, Smashbox, Dior, etc. I've tried my fair share of high-end products, as well as Avon & Mark (because I'm a rep).  I used to stray away from drugstore products, but I've recently found some great drugstore finds that I've really been enjoying. n I also love the bogo sales that are recently held.  (I'm waiting for one to come up for the Covergirl Intense Shadow Blasts so I can try those! Right now at Rite Aid, only the CG face products are on sale.)  I need a trip to CVS (20 min away).  The makeup selection is enormous & there's more brands there than at my Rite Aid, Walmart, or Target (like Milani & Iman).

Tonight, I grabbed some things are Rite Aid & used my Wellness Card for 20% (because I've reached gold status, everything in the store is 20% off with my card. sweet deal when the items are already on sale!)

I picked up Revlon's Age Defying Spa Illuminator in Pink Light (said to be a Dupe to Benefit's High Beam, which I've been wanting to try but not wanting to dish out the $$).  I couldn't find this anywhere, and I was actually shocked to see it at my local Rite Aid.  They had it in Bare Light & Gold Light as well.  There was only 1 left in Pink Light, and it had my name all over it! ;)  This was $13.99 (before the discount).  (The Revlon products were Bogo Buy 1, Get 1 50% off, but I didn't want anything else.  Good deal if you want to try the other shades.)

I also picked up Sally Hanson's Hard As Nails in Hard Lemonade, a gorgeous pale yellow.  This polish was only $1.99 (before the discount), and it applies so smoothly and dries quickly like a dream.
The last thing that I picked up was Sally Hanson's Crackle Nail Polish in Black.  I have been looking for this polish every time that I go shopping and haven't been able to find it anywhere.  This was $6.99.  They had various shades, there was a dark blue, silver, gold, and pink that I remember seeing.  I may go back & get the gold or silver.


Swatch of Revlon's Spa Illuminator Pink Light:

blended out


 (on the inside of my hand: you can see the shimmers, but as you can see above, when it's blended out completely, the shimmers are less noticeable and all you get is a gorgeous glowy sheen.)

compared to NAR'S Illuminators, the Revlon Illuminators are a thinner, lotion-y consistency.  The Revlon is very moisturizing and easy to blend, and it feels light on the skin.  The new NARS's Illuminators (Copabacana, Super Orgasm, & Laguna) are a thicker consistency and just a tad on the sticky side.  In my opinion, Revlon's is easier to blend.  My only gripe with the Revlon is the packaging. I don't care for the attached brush, and when I first applied this, way too much product came out.  I'd prefer if the brush wasn't attached, and if it was a regular sqeeze tube like the NARS packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment