Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teen Mom 2 Rambles & Jersey Shore!

So, I just finished watching Teen Mom.  As much as I should really stop watching, this show is addicting.  I've been watching these girls since they were on 16 & Pregnant.  I remember being a brand new mom & watching Farrah's episode!  I think everyone's got the idea about teen pregnancy and how tough it is. These girls are barely teens anymore. Maci is 19 I believe and I'm pretty sure Farrah is 19 too. She mentioned being 18 last season. Amber is 19. I'm not sure how old Caitynn is.  I know she was younger than the other girls.  She just got her own apt, so I'd assume she's 18.  Point is, they are not going to be "teens" much longer, and I'm wondering how many years MTV will continue to follow them on the camera...until they are 25...30!  Honestly, these girls have been in the media A LOT.  I'm sure it's stressful and not good for the kids to be in front of the cameras all the time.  All of the press (especially negative) has been affecting Amber Portwood, as she's been in the media so often and being bashed!  She recently attempted to commit suicide, and that hit the press quickly! She was in the hospital for 72 hours watch for that, and then she recently checked into rehab for depression.  I'm sure all of the media, bad press, and negative comments from viewers have not helped her situation much since the show has come out.  I read where she regrets being on the show, and I don't blame her at all.  I think it made things worse for her.  I am really glad she's getting the help that she needs.  After tonight's episode, the way that her anger issues were out of control (her brother even called her out on her bad mouth), in front of Leah, was awful.  The girl was out of control, and I truly think that she doesn't want to be that way.  She just clearly has issues and needs help.  Gary is a saint for putting up with her. He is such a great dad to Leah, and he's been so supportive with Amber in her time in the hospital and rehab.  He's on #teamamber.  Honestly, I think it would be in the best interest of Amber's (& her mental health), Gary, and Leah is leave the show.  Atleast take a break from it for awhile.  Maybe that will help with things.

On a lighter note, I'm glad to see Farrah acting more like a mom this season.  She's matured a lot.  I mentioned that I've watched these girls season 16 & Pregnant premiered, and I often wonder what ever happened to the other 2 girls Whitney & Ebony and their families.  I wonder how their babies are.  I can't say that I blame them for not signing on for Teen Mom.  The privacy that comes along with staying out of the media has probably had a positive effect on their relationships and their children.  I am ready for a Season 2 of Teen Mom 2 already though.  I think I liked that season more than the original.  So curious to see what happens with Leah & Corey, Jenelle, Kail, & Chelsea (especially Leah & Corey!).  Ahhh how addictive this show is...just like Jersey Shore- my other guilty pleasure (so pointless yet addictive. i can't miss an episode...need my Vinny & Pauly D fix!).  By the way, Jersey Shore will be back August 4th, and they will be in Italy.  I also heard of 2 spinoffs...one following Pauly D & his DJ career and another following BFFs Snooki & Jenni & their lives outside of the store.  A Season 5 in Seaside has been confirmed as well. Looks like I'll be glued to the TV on Tuesdays & Thursdays for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment