Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Covergirl LashBlast 24Hr Mascara Review


One Word: AMAZING!

This stuff is fantastic! I wasn't even going to try it out either.  I noticed it when I was leaving the beauty isle at Walmart.  (I went in that store for groceries and was in there for a little over an HOUR! Spent most of my time in the makeup & beauty isle! Ahh!).  It was on a display on the end of one of the isles, along with the LineBlast 24HR Eyeliner and the new Blast Flipstick two sided lipcolor.  I ended up with the mascara and liner.  I didn't need another mascara, beings that I just picked up the L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes mascara n regular recently and the waterproof that same day (which was my favorite up until I tried this!).  I don't go for non-waterproof mascaras either, but I'm glad I did pick this up.  It's fantastic.  The wand is flexible and rubbery.  It looks similar to the wand on Benefit's They're Real mascara.  The formula is very wet compared to some of the drier mascaras (even compared to the L'Oreal one).  I like that about this.  I like wet mascaras (like this and the original Maybelline Great Lash).  They are easier to layer.  I've also tried the yellow and orange tubes of LashBlast, as well as the Fusion in the purple tube (I like this for length and natural looking lashes).  This trumps them all.  This stuff is dramatic and can be built up.  It also works well on my bottom lashes.  The wand is really good for the bottom lashes and for lengthening and volume.  It's definitely worth trying out, even if you think you've found your "HG" mascara. 

*P.S. The Liner is fantastic as well.  It doesn't budge.  I applied it on my hand and then wipe my fingers over it several times.  No smearing no budging at all.  Super easy to apply and get a nice line too, unlike a lot of the liquid liners I've tried (the Mark Get In Line & Stila Stay All Day, for example).  The Mark didn't smudge, but it's not easy to get a nice line.  The Stila was very messy- hard to get a nice line and smudged like crazy.  This Covergirl liner is a felt tip, like a marker, and super easy to use.  Both the items were under $8, each, which is a steal.  The quality is fantastic.  Covergirl really stepped their game up & impressed me.  Can't wait to try the new lippies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment