Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

FOTD: 11/26/11 ft. MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass


 Face: NARS Sheer Glow Barcelona (*a Winter foundation favorite*)
Sheer Glow is recommended for Normal/Dry Skin types, and I find that is true.  I recommend this for drier skin types.  In the Summer, my skin gets oily, and this doesn't work as well.  NARS considers this a "dewy" foundation, while the Sheer Matte is supposed to be matte & for oily skin.  This was a favorite of mine last Winter, and I find myself loving this again this Winter.   Barcelona is a good color for me in the Winter, but in the Summer, I feel that I would need Syracuse.  Stromboli isn't much lighter than Barcelona, but it's yellow-toned.  I tried it before, and it was WAYY too yellow.  (It's been swapped out!)  Barcelona is described as medium with golden, peachy undertones, and Syracuse is medium-dark with brown undertones.  Stromboli is for olive tones.  For reference, I'm NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid, NW35 in Pro Longwear, & NC42 in Mineralize Satinfinish.  I'm #34 in MUFE Face & Body & 153 in the HD.  Highly recommend this as a Winter staple, if you have drier skin & want a light-weight, natural looking foundation.  I feel like that is light coverage, but it can be built up to medium but not full coverage.  I apply this when my face is a bit wet for best results, and I've seen gurus on youtube applying this with a wet beauty blender.  
Cheeks: I contoured my cheekbones with Tarte's Mineral Bronzer in Park Ave Princess.  This was one of my deluxe samples from an order that I had placed last Fall on Tarte's website.  They now have a matte, waterproof version of this.  The one that I have has shimmer to it, and I like that about it.  It adds a nice sheen & glow to the skin.  When I was at Sephora earlier this month, the Beauty Consultant tried Laguna Bronzer on me, and she loved how it looked.  I did as well.  It has shimmer in it too.  Personally I think that the Tarte & NARS are similar, but the NARS is more golden, whereas the Tarte is more brown-toned. I find the Tarte extremely easy to apply.  The formulation is great- finely-milled & blends like a dream.  This isn't too dark of a bronzer, so it's hard to over-do (perfect for Bronzer beginners or someone with a heavy hand, like myself).  (Tarte has this bronzer available in Hotel Heiress, a darker shade perfect for darker skin-tones.)
I then applied my blush, MAC's Full Fuchsia (PRO).  This is a Pro color that I managed to get at the local CCO during the Summer, and I haven't reached for it since.  When I first tried it, I had clown cheeks because this is extremely pigmented & I have a heavy hand when it comes to blush.  This time, I gently tapped my brush into the product and tapped it on my hand.  I had a better time controlling it.  (A little goes a long way!).  This would look amazing on darker skinned ladies.  It can be built up for a dramatic cheek.  I only used a dab for a daytime appropriate look.  This blush is very versatile, and I highly recommend getting your hands on this if you have a PRO store near you.  You won't regret it.
LIPS: MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass There again, I've had this for a while.  I purchased this when it first came out.  It is still available at Here! in Viva Glam Gaga 1 (baby pink) & Viva Glam Gaga 2 (nude).  I found this in my makeup bag today and decided to try it again.  It's the perfect baby pink.  I needed 2 layers to get a good amount of color.  This does come off after eating and drinking, so you'll need to reapply. 





No comments:

Post a Comment