Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

*Fall Favorites*

Face:
*Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer-
My skin was on the oily/combo side this Summer! I was having to blot like crazy.  Now it's dry again as it's getting colder and getting into wintertime.  I have dry flakes on my forehead and cheeks, and my previous favorite, MAC Pro Longwear, accentuates those dry patches like no other.  (Most of my foundations are doing that right now.)  This stuff is super moisturizing (I wouldn't recommend it for oily/combo skin.  When my skin was oily, this didn't work for me, as it could look greasy on oily skin.).  This works really well on my dry skin, and it smells really good.  It has aloe in it, which is soothing to the skin.  It's SPF15 (not extremely high, but it's good for Winter).  I've been using this on most days, because I usually like natural, light coverage for work.  (On days when I want to mix it up, I use MUFE Face & Body (My skin is too sensitive to use that everyday) or I will use My Pro Longwear when I want fuller coverage (special events).  I've been loving this base.  I'm glad I pulled it back out to use.


*MARK Showcase Color & Clutch-
This is amazing- Point Blank PERIOD!  It includes six lipcolors (pretty good pigmentation and super moisturizing!), a shimmery peach highlight (gorgeous over blush!), a vibrant pink blush (great pigmentation & matte), a brown-toned bronzer (slight shimmer), and 4 neutral eye shadows (2 browns, a shimmery beige & gold).  This comes in a cute pink clutch (the makeup can be taken out & it can be used as a clutch on it's own).  The pigmentation & quality of the makeup is amazing!  I got this for $12, during the Mark Trend Insider, but it's on sale for $20 (shop!).  Trust me, it's the best $20 you'll ever spend.  You can get so many looks out of this palette (perfect for the Holidays!).  It's a great value for what you get.  I'm a high end blush fan (NARS, Tarte, MAC, Lorac), and this blush is better than MAC in my opinion & just as good as the others, maybe even better.  I love pairing the pink blush with the peach highlighter.  The texture blends like a dream (like all MARK Blushes I've tried).  I keep this on my at all times.  Perfect for travel too.


*Lorac Baked Blush Hollywood-
I got this in a swap on MUA last fall! I never really touched it though.  The swapped told me it was similar to MAC Stereo Rose (which I never tried).  I'm glad I pulled this out & started to use it.  It's fabulous! This is like your bronzer & blush combined in one.  It's a bronzy-rose color.  i LOVE this! It's very pigmented, so use a light hand.  It's a really nice texture.  It's applies smoothly & blends very easily.  Great quality.  This makes me want to try other products by Lorac (one brand I never explored).  Perfect to brighten up your face & works well with a bold eye or natural look.


*NARS Taj Mahal-
I have had this for a year, but I didn't reach for it very often.  This pigmentation is insane & it was honestly hard for me NOT to overdo this blush.  I've learned to control it and that I only need to tap my brush into it LIGHTLY one time (& that's enough for both cheeks!).  This is a beautiful orangey color.  It's very wearable & perfect for fall.  There is shimmer, but it's not overbearing.  It is a must have for deep skintones! This shows up a peachy/coral/orangey shade, and I'm very pleased with this.  I'm glad I pulled it off of my dresser. 


*Clinique High Impact Mascara-
This was a freebie that my aunt received with her Clinique order.  (she gave me 2 of them actually).  I've been on the hunt for the perfect mascara that lengthens my lashes, and I decided to try this yesterday.  I'm glad I did! This gives me the most length of ANY mascara I've tried.  I like it better than Diorshow & all of the drugstore ones I've tried (including my trusty Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion!).  I actually paired this with the CG Fusion today, and my lashes were like WOW! They almost gave that false lash effect! It's not too pricey either ($14.50) like some of the high-end $22-$30 mascaras.  I'm definitely going to purchase this when my sample runs out. 


*Smashbox O Plump-
LOVE this! It doesn't do so much plumping or add much color, but it's makes my lips nice & soft & shiny, without making them sticky.  I purchased this off of ebay at a cheaper price.  This stuff is pricey.  I don't think I could ever pay full price for this.  ($24!)  I would get it on sale though.  It's really awesome. Perfect everyday lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment