Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Revlon Photoready BB Cream

                                                                         1 fl oz

I picked this up on Saturday, while I was at Rite Aid.  I was actually looking to pick up the Garnier BB cream (original formula), but this caught my eye.  I'm a huge fan of Revlon products.  I really love their Photoready Airbrush Foundation.  I've repurchased that numerous times.  (That's a go-to foundation for me!)  I've also tried the Colorstay foundation in the past, and I really liked it as well.  I was debating between trying this and the Maybelline, but based off of the research that I'd done and reviews,  I thought that the Revlon would suit me better.  The Maybelline one was said to be very sheer.  Even though the Revlon cost more than the Maybelline, I've had bad luck with Maybelline face products in the past, and I didn't want to try the chance.  (Also, I didn't want to get anything with next to nothing coverage.  I like some coverage.)  This was $10.99 at Rite Aid, and $8.99 at Walmart.  However, with my Revlon coupon and 20% off that I received by using my Wellness cared, I got this for $6.54! (Huge Steal!)  (I like to purchase face products at Rite Aid because of the awesome return policy.)

I've been using this since Saturday (it's now Tuesday night), and I'm really pleased with this product.  It has good coverage.  It doesn't just even out skintone, but it covers flaw and imperfections as well.  I don't really need to conceal when I use this.  I've used this with and without a setting powder (MAC Studio Careblend & Mark Matte-nificent).  When I wore this without a powder, I didn't have to blot at all.  When I used the powders over top, I did have to blot my t-zone halfway throughout the day.  I like to set it with a powder for more coverage when I go to work.  

I love how this makes my skin feel so soft.  It's very hydrating, without feeling greasy.  This doesn't feel heavy on the skin or make it feel greasy or oily.  It doesn't give so much of a dewy finish.  It's more of demi/matte-natural finish.  I love how natural this looks- like my skin only better (more awake/polished).  My skin is very sensitive & this didn't irritate it.  My skin feels softer, smoother, and healthier in just the 4 days that I've used it. 

I'm not sure if this really has all of the skincare benefits and anti-aging properties that a true BB cream is supposed to, but sure is an amazing tinted moisturizer.  I've been looking for a more affordable dupe for my NARS Pure Radiant tinted moisturizer, and I think I found it! 

Shades: Light, Light/Medium, Medium
The Shades run dark! I'm NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid & NW40 in Studio Sculpt.  I wear Medium/Deep in Garnier tinted moisturizers.  The medium in this suits me, but it's still a tad bit dark (but it works!).  I could prob get away with a light/medium in this.  Something to consider before you purchase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment