Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Updated Skincare Routine

Skincare Routine:

I actually went back to a cleanser that I used ridiculously in college, when I used to live on campus in the dorms.  I had a big tub of this: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types.  I used to used this as both a face and body wash in the shower.  My skin was always clear with this.  I decided to give it another shot when my skin was acting up in July.  My chin was breaking out in cystic under the skin acne, and I didn't know what to use on it.  (I'm left with dark purple scars, but the Tea Tree Oil is helping fade them.)  I tried the Purpose Gentle Cleanser, and it helped calm my skin but was also VERY drying.  (The dermatitis that I frequently get under my nose flared up badly after using the purpose.  Dry flakes everywhere.)  My grandmother had an extra tube of the Cetaphil in her bathroom, so I decided to give it another try since it worked well before.  (*note- the Cetaphil Bar Soap broke me out last Fall, and I won't try that one again.  It was nice as a body soap though.)  The Cetaphil liquid cleasner, that I now use as part of my routine (instead of the Mark That's Deep cleanser), is similar to the purpose but it's not drying at all.  (If you have oily skin, the Purpose may be best for you.)  My skin has been clearing up with using the Cetaphil.  (I don't know why I ever stopped using it.  I had such good results in 07-08 with it.)  It's such a basic cleanser, which is the best way to go if you have sensitive skin.

 I have been using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil as a spot treatment on blemishes and scars.  It really works wonders and helps a lot with fading acne scarring.  My only issue is that for only .33fl oz, this has only lasted me not even an entire month, and it is quite pricey $9.  I discovered in Vitamin World a different Tree Tree Oil that is 1 fl oz for $7.99 (2oz for $14.49).  Since I'm all out of the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil (which I did have to order & pay shipping on), I think I'm going to try the one from Vitamin World next. 
I've been using the Noxema Triple Clean Anti-Blemish Pads as kind of like a toner.  These help get access makeup and dirt off that the cleanser doesnt. 

Recently, what I'm been doing is first removing my makeup at night with MAC's Cleanse Off Oil (this lasts a long time because a little goes a long way.  I purchased this at the end of March, and I've only used about a 1/4 of the oil.)  (When I don't wear base makeup, then I skip that step & just cleanse.)  Then, I cleanse my face with the Cetaphil cleanser.  I spot treat scars (& blemishes if I have any).  In the morning, I will just use the Noxema Triple Clean Anti-Blemish Pads (after my shower) to remove dirt & impurities.  I've been using this routine since the middle of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment