Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

*New* Foundation Routine

Routine for when I wear makeup 
(which is when I have somewhere to go: Work, Church, Shopping, etc)

Somedays, I don't wear a base (foundation/tinted moisturizer).  When I'm just around the house or running errands, I don't usually wear anything besides a little concealer (if necessary) and lipgloss (MAYBE eyeshadow if I'm in the mood for it & mascara, depending on how creative I get).  However, when I do go out, I like to use tinted moisturizer (or light coverage foundation), and for special occasions, I like to use foundation (medium/full coverage.  

Base(s):
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer (tinted moisturizer) in Medium to Olive 60 for everyday coverage
I will sometimes set this with a layer of MAC's Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium/Dark, when I want extra coverage or a smoother skintone.   This tinted moisturizer has been my favorite base to use lately.  When I don't want a heavy foundation, I'll use this.  (I threw this on this morning on my way to Church, without setting it.)  This tinted moisturizer comes in a plastic tube with a pump (which I love!).  The packaging is very sanitary and the pump makes the product easier to control the application. I usually use one to two pumps of this for my whole face (including eyelids).  This tinted moisturizer is SPF20, which is great.  It doesn't feel or look greasy throughout the day, like a lot of tinted moisturizers do.  This has a bit of a semi-matte finish, which is ideal for me because my skin tends to go on the oily side in the Summertime.  However, this still gives my skin a nice "glow" to it and makes my skin SUPER baby soft.  There is a retinol treatment in this, which is what contributes to the soft, smooth feeling that it gives to the skin. 

When I have a special occasion to go to, where I want fuller coverage, I will use Revlon Colorstay SPF 6 liquid foundation with Soft Flex in 330 Rich Tan.  The Colorstay foundation gives pretty much flawless, full coverage.  (It is buildable, but I suggest that you don't build it to much, because it can look "too made-up", and  I'm sure no one wants to look like they are wearing tons of foundation.  We want to look like we have naturally flawless skin, without foundation.)  This covers EVERYTHING.  When set with the MAC Studio Careblend powder, this gives complete FLAWLESS, FULL coverage.  


Blush/Bronzer:
I almost ALWAYS wear blush, no matter if I'm wearing tinted moisturizer/foundation or not.  I LOVE blush, and how it adds life and brightens up your face.  You can get the same brightening effect with bronzer as well.  I generally just use blush, but sometimes, I will contour my cheekbones with bronzer.  
My Go-To blushes are Mark's Good Glowing Mosaic Blush in Chica and MAC's My Highland Honey blush (both powder blushes).  (Chica is a gorgeous true coral, and My Highland Honey is a true peach.)  The both add a natural glow to my naturally tan skintone.  I generally like a neutral look for work, so Chica & MMH are perfect for that type of look.  On days when I want a pink cheek, I have been reaching for Benefit's Posietint Cheekstain.  (Posietint is a creamier consistency than Benetint & easier to work with.)  Posietint shows up nicely on my NC40/42 skintone and gives a natural pink flush.  Another blush that I've been reaching for a lot lately has been Mark's Good Glowing Blush in Cameo Glo.  (I got it in the Get It All For A Steal Palette.)  Cameo Glo is the perfect blush for a natural looking cheek.  It gives just enough color to the cheeks and is a neutral nude/rose color.  I LOVE it.  (It kind of gives me that look for a blush & bronzer in one.)   For bronzer, when I do contour, I like to use Benefit's 10 Bronzer/Highlighter duo.  (I actually love using this bronzer to contour with Mark's Cameo Glo, and then applying the highlighter side over top!) or Tarte's Park Ave Princess (my deluxe sample is lasting me a long time).   If I'm traveling, I'll use Maybelline's Fit! Me Bronzer in Deep Bronze.  (This stays in my purse.)  The little brush works well for contour, and it's nice & compact for travel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment