Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Vs Revlon Colorstay (Combo/Oily)




MAC Studio Fix Fluid- $26.50
http://maccosmetics.com, MAC Stores & Dept Store Counters: Macys, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales
(I received my Studio Fix Fluid in a swap on Makeupalley.  I swapped my NARS Albatross highlighting powder for this product.)
Revlon Colorstay Foundation- approx. $9.99-$12.99 (price differs depending on where you shop & current deals) (drugstores & super centers (Walmart, Target, etc) )I paid $11.02 (price with 20% taken off with discount card) at Rite Aid drugstore.)  I recommend purchasing this at a drugstore where you can return the foundation if the color doesn't quite match.

Both: 1 fl oz
They are both good at controlling oil.
In my opinion, the MAC Studio Fix Fluid has a more natural finish.  If you're not careful, the Revlon Colorstay can be easily overdone.  The first time that I applied the Colorstay, I applied way too much and looked like I had foundation on (not a good look at all!).  The second time that I applied it, I used less, and it looked much better.  I find that you need to use less of the Colorstay, than if you use the Studio Fix, to achieve the same flawless, full coverage look.
I also find that sometimes the Colorstay can be difficult to blend because it dries quickly.  It takes some getting used to.  The Studio Fix Fluid is easier and smoother to blend.
When dried, these foundations both have the same matte finish.

The Revlon Colorstay is a really nice foundation and a cheaper alternative to the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and is very similar, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a "DUPE" because it's not exactly the same.

These are both nice foundations.  They both are good at controlling oil and are both long lasting.  They still look nice and fresh at the end of the day until they are taken off.



 Revlon Colorstay 350

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC40
 

No comments:

Post a Comment