Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Review


Coverage: Medium/Full (Buildable)
Finish: Natural Matte Finish
Oil Free -- Claims To Last Up To 8 Hours -- Clams to Absorb & Disperse Oil (Does a great job of oil control.  I have to blot less with this on.)
"Contains specially treated micronized pigments & soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections."- AKA Flawless Finish
Price: $26.50 - 1 fl oz
Availability- MAC stores & dept store counters & http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/158/1231/Studio-Fix-Fluid-SPF-15/index.tmpl

*My Opinion: Gives a nice flawless yet natural finish.  My skin is dry in the winter & oily in the summer.  Usually, depending on what foundation (or if I skip foundation) I use, I have to blot 3 times a day! With this (& the Revlon Colorstay as well) I had to blot less.  I blotted 1-2 times and used the same blotting paper each time.  There wasn't much oil on the sheet at all when I blotted.  That's definitely a plus (considering how that my blotting sheet is usually completely full).  This is pretty matte & is good at controlling oil (same at the Colorstay for Combo/Oily skin). In my personal opinion, I don't find this heavy or uncomfortable at all.  I can't even feel that I have this on, which is a huge plus.  It held up well today in the heat.  I didn't melt off or feel uncomfortable (a problem that I had with the MAC Pro Longwear & the MUFE HD foundations).  Many reviews have said that this is heavy coverage & that is feels heavy. I don't find it heavy at all, but maybe that's because of the way that I apply this.  I don't use much.  I apply a small amount (one small pump) to my forehead, cheeks, nose, & chin and blend with my fingers.  I've watched many gurus apply this with a foundation brush & really use ALOT (2-3 pumps).  This can be built up too which is a plus. Overall, it's a nice medium-full coverage foundation.  I recommend it for someone looking for medium/full natural yet flawless coverage that holds up well throughout the day and that doesn't feel heavy. *

No comments:

Post a Comment