Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Current Skincare Routine

My skin was on the drier side in the fall/wintertime (cooler months).  Now that the weather has changed and it is hot & humid, my skin has changed.  It's combo/oily, but still sensitive.  I find myself having to blot 1-2 times a day (with Clean & Clear Blotting Sheets), depending on what foundation I use.  (The Revlon Colorstay leaves me nice & matte when I wear it.  I only have to blot once near the end of the day, if any.)  I'm still looking for a mattifying primer.

Here's my current skincare routine:

Mornings-- Usually wash my face with water (I do the 3 steps at night right before bed) or sometimes my cleanser.

At Night:
Step 1: Remove Makeup-- I usually use either MAC Cleanse Off Oil (works wonders) or Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes, whichever I have handy.  (I've been out of the wipes, so I've been using the Cleanse Off Oil.  Both of these work really well.  The Wipes are nice for when you are traveling.)
Step 3: Wash face with MARK That's Deep Cleanser -- This stuff does a really nice job at getting my face clean. I'm on my 2nd bottle of this.
Step 3: Treat/Prevent: I use Clean & Clear Astringent *Sensitive Skin* to treat blemishes as well as prevent blemishes.

I Currently do not moisturize.  I do wear SPF 45 on my days when I'm outside.  I haven't found the moisturizer that's been right for me in the summer.  In the winter, I did use Oil of Olay for sensitive skin (or target brand), and I tried Benefit's Triple Emulsion Lotion, which I really liked as well.

These 3 steps work well for me.  My skin is quite sensitive, and since this routine works well, I'll be sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment