Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Nars Multiple Tint Turks & Caicos Review

As many of you already know, I'm a huge fan of NARS cosmetics.  I love their blushes (perhaps their most famous item). So far I have Super Orgasm & Taj Mahal powder blush and Enchanted creme blush.  The pigmentation of the powder blushes are amazing.  Enchanted isn't so pigmented (on my skintone), and it's glitter central.  I kept it as a peachy highlighter.  It doesn't work for me as a blush.  The more you try to build the color, the glittery it gets.  However, the consistency of the NARS creme blushes are amazing.  They blend like a dream and leave a somewhat powdery finish, which is really nice.  (They aren't sticky at all, unlike Stila's Convertible Colors.)  I also love NARS Sheer Glow foundation.  It photographs really well, and it feels weightless on the skin.  It looks amazingly natural too, and the formulation is perfect for my dry somewhat sensitive skin.  NARS is also known for their Multiples.  These are cream formula color sticks that are said to work on cheeks, eyes, and lips, and they are available in a variety of colors.  NARS also came out with something called the Multiple Tint, which is more of a cheek stain than a creamy cheek color.  These were released last summer (2010) and were limited edition.  They are no longer available from NARS website or Sephora, but they are still available from Barney's New York, Blue Mercury, Saks Fifth Avenue, Amazon, and Beauty.com (where I purchased mine with Birthday money).  They were previously retailing for $38 (& still available at that price at some places), but this year all the multiples and the blushes went up by a dollar.   I strongly encourage anyone who loves makeup, cheeks colors, and NARS to pick one of these up before they are gone completely.  My cheeks are on the dry side, and the Multiple Tint blends like a dream leaving a nice, natural looking stain of color that brightens up the face.  Turks and Caicos looks a scary shade of bright orange in the tube, but it's no where near that bright.  I've been wanting to try this shade for a while, and I was so excited when I was finally able to get it.  When I first applied it on my bare cheeks, it turned a bright hot pink.  I looked flushed! I was all ready to return this, because I wanted a peachy/apricot color.  That is what I thought it would be...beings that the tube is orange not pink.  I went and removed it and applied tinted moisturizer (Benefit's You Rebel) to my cheeks then applied the NARS Turks & Caicos over top.  It showed up a really pretty peachy/apricot shade, and it applied like a nice stain, without the dryness of a typical stain.  (Not sure why it showed up differently on my bare skin, but maybe it showed up on the pink side because my cheeks are naturally rosy.)  This is pretty buildable too.  It was so easy to blend, but not super creamy.  (I swatched the original Multiple in Orgasm at Sephora, and it was quite creamy.)  This looks more natural than a super creamy blush.  Overall verdict, these multiple tints live up to the high standards of NARS Cosmetics, and NARS Turks & Caicos Multiple Tint gets an A+ in my book.  This color is really pretty for Spring.  It's a warm shade, and I think it will flatter most warm skin tones.  It think that this would work for all skin types too.  It will look especially pretty on tanned skin.  I wore it twice, with both a nude and coral lip and pale purple eyeshadow.  Check this out while it's still available!

                                                Below is a swatch on the inside of my wrist.




*The Multiple Tints were released in Turks & Caicos, Beverly Hills, and Cadaques.  Check the internet for swatches of the others and product availability.  I wish NARS would rerelease these on their website.*


*Below is a link to check out more product info and purchase this from beauty.com*
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=304062&cmbProdBrandFilter=30000&mp=True&aid=337568&aparam=nars_multiple_tint_turk&CAWELAID=578769743

No comments:

Post a Comment