Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Benefit B.Right Skincare Part 2


After trying out the items from the B.Right skincare that Benefit had sent me (cleanser, moisturizer, & eye cream), I decided to try out some more items from this line.  I had my eye on the Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF 15 PA ++ (oil free lotion) and the Refined Finish Facial Polish (exfoliator).  I saw where Benefit was offering a limited edition B.Right Intro Kit for $12 on their website,  (http://www.benefitcosmetics.com), including a mini Emulsion, Facial Polish, and Total Moisture cream.  They were offering limited time free shipping, so I jumped on the chance to try these products at such a low price.  It didn't take long for these items to arrive in the mail.  I haven't used an exfolitator since I was a young teenager, and I was excited to try one again.  I've heard good things about facial emulsions, and I was excited to try that as well.  It sounds so fancy. I like the fact that is it oil free and lighter than the Total Moisture cream (highly recommend the Total Moisture for dry or aging skin).  Benefit worked with the Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy Labs (one of the leading, most advanced cosmetic and skincare research labs in the world), to create the emulsion.  It contains Vitamin E and is supposed to target hydration and main water on the skin's surface.  It includes several vegetable-based sugar and glycol derivatives plus a selected set of hyaluronic acid.  (Hyaluronic acid is said to boost hydration in the skin as much as 73% without two hours after applying the emulsion.)

I tried the Refined Finish Facial after cleansing with the Foamingly Clean facial wash, then applied the Triple Performing Emulsion.  (The instructions that came with the Facial Polish say to exfoliate 1-2 times a week.)  The next morning, my skin seemed a bit softer.  I'm going to try the facial polish again at the end of the week.  Compared to the Total Moisture cream, the Triple Performing Emulsion is a lot lighter in formula.  I would recommend using the Emulsion as a day cream and the Total Moisture as a night cream for dehydrated skin.  As I mentioned in my previous article, I really like how smooth the Total Moisture cream makes my skin look.  My foundation looks so natural over top of it, but I feel it would be a bit too rich for my skin for everyday use.  My skin isn't as dry as it was during the colder Winter months.  The Total Moisture cream would have been perfect then. All in all, I think that the B.Right Skincare line is really good.  I plan to continue to use Foamingly Clean facial cleanser as my new daily cleanser.  It's a bit steep in price ($21) compared to the $3 Clean & Clear cleanser that I had been using.  If it continues to satisfy me, I will definitely purchase this when my complimentary bottle is used up.  With all of these products, a little goes a long way.

Check these items out along with others from the B.Right line at http://www.benefitcosmetics.com, http://www.sephora.com, and look out for them at Sephora stores, Ulta stores, and Benefit counters.

*Disclaimer*: I purchased the limited edition Intro to B.Right set, including the mini Facial Polish, Emulsion, and Total Moisture cream.  I received the full size Total Moisture Cream, Foaming Clean Facial Wash, and It's Potent Eye Cream for free from Benefit Cosmetics to try out.  I am not being paid for this blog article.*

No comments:

Post a Comment