Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Face of the Week: Sun-kissed in December

It may be December in one day, but that doesn't mean you have to completely ditch the tropical beachy look that you've been hanging onto throughout fall.  You can be a bronzed sun-kissed babe in the middle of December.  Here's how I got my look:
1.) First I applied Mac's Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun ($29.5- MAC & fine dept stores). This liquid powder has a quite unique texture. It truly does feel cool on the skin, like a liquid, when you apply but dries as a powder.  I'm not a fan of heavy product on the face, but I like this because it feels light on the skin (like you can't even feel that you're wearing it).  (Cajun is a bronzy color)  I applied this with an Eco Tools Bamboo Powder Brush ($7.99-Walgreens & various drugstores- super super soft & easy to blend).  I applied this to my cheeks, forehead, chin & lightly down the nose). (I recommend that you apply this after concealer to even everything out and make everything look more natural).
2.) Then, I started on the eyes.  I applied Smashbox eyeshadow in Flamingo, a coraly-peachy pink, ($16 Smashbox, Sephora) below the crease in my eyelid & blended out with my fingers.  Next I applied CQ Duetto eye (shadow side only) in 04, which is a cool mint green color.  This adds nice shimmer.  Lastly, I lined my waterline (bottom lash line) with Too Faced Starry Eyed Liquid Liner in Mad Mad Love ($17.50 Sephora, Too Faced).  (This shade is a pale glittering pink. I received mine in a mini liner kit from ebay that i scored for around $11.) 
3.)  Next, I applied (LIGHTLY) Nars Powder Blush ($26) in Taj Mahal (an EXTREMELY pigmented shimmering orange shade- perfect for darker skintones) to my cheeks.  This is very very pigmented, so make sure you gently swipe your brush (I used my Eco Tools powder brush) just one time and rub excess product off on the side of the compact before applying.  )This shade can easily be overdone if you have a light-to medium skintone.)  I recommend using a kabuki brush if you have one which does a better job of blending the color out.   This shade adds a nice sun-kissed glow to the cheeks.
4.) Lastly, I applied Bobbi Brown Crystal Lipgloss ($17, Bobbi Brown, Sephora, Fine Dept Stores).  I like this gloss because it makes lips looks so glossy that you can actually see a reflection in them! (These pictures do it no justice.)  Any clear gloss will suffice for this look.  (I happened to received the sample size of this gloss free from Sephora and did not retail price for it.  I'm not sure if Sephora still has these samples, but Allcosmeticswholesale.com carries sample sizes of this gloss for a small fee.) I suggest a natural colored lip or clear gloss for this look to make it look most natural.

                                         (notice the subtile shimmer on the bottom lash line)

& There you go- Now you look like you've been sitting on the beach soaking up the sun!  This look can easily brighten up your face during these cold and dreary winter months.  To complete this look, you can try just wearing your hair in natural waves/curls or a messy ponytail for the laid back beach babe look.  (All I did was comb and scrunch my freshly washed hair with Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel (various prices & sizes- Sephora & Ouidad resellers.  This gel works wonders on my natural curly hair & also on my toddler's very coarse hair.  I bought this stuff for her, but I often find myself "stealing" some for my own hair. :P )

(*NOTE*- The products that I used are just a guide.  They are SUGGESTIONS, mainly for the shades that make this look.  You don't have to use the exact same brands of products that I used.  You can easily find these same shades in other brands at your local super center, drugstore, or beauty store.)

**This look took me about 8-10 minutes**

No comments:

Post a Comment