Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

MAC Matchmaster Foundation Review *RAVE*

Shade 5.0

I got my hands on this around the time that it first came out.  I got it Brand New in Box in a swap on MUA.  (& to that jerk on youtube who was harassing me calling me poor for using MakeUpAlley & saying only poor people swap on there can kiss it! cause I LOVE MUA.  I can try products & get rid of products that I no longer use & save money in the process!).  My shade is 5.0 (supposed to be comparable to NC40/42, which are my shades in MAC).  5.0 is the perfect shade for me.  I have Pro Longwear in NW35 (NC40 was too dull & 42 was too orange), which is a good shade for me, however, it sometimes looks orange throughout the day.  I also have a hard time getting the Pro Longwear blended out on my dry skin, and I end up with orangey splotches of the foundation in my cheeks (not a good look).  With this foundation, I don't have that problem.  Matchmaster shades are supposed to cater to the neutral undertones, whereas the NC is for Warm & NW is for cool tones.  I have more of a neutral undertone.  Not very warm or very cool, so these neutral toned shades are perfect for me.  If you are NC40/42, I'd highly recommend the 5.0.  

(after 9 hrs of wear) *also wearing Tarte Blushing Bride Cheek Stain*

Recommendations:
I think this is great for normal/dry skin.  I would be able to work on more oily types as well, but you would get a more dewy finish (& be prepared to blot). 
Coverage: MAC Quotes this as having a Moisturizing Demi-Matte finish & I agree.  This is medium coverage in my opinion, though it can be built up, I feel that if you build it up too much it can look cakey or overdone.  I wouldn't say that this is full coverage.  I still think Studio Fix Fluid has more coverage, but I personally wouldn't recommend that because it broke me out immediately. 
*Lasted me all day, but I still feel that the Pro Longwear has a better staying power.*

Grade: A

I would recommend trying this out, even if you've had bad luck with MAC Foundations in the past.  I've also tried the Studio Fix Fluid (Epic Fail), Face & Body (Prefer MUFE's version), Pro Longwear (which is a trusty foundation), & Mineralize Satin Finish (which I REALLY like,especially for special occasions).  My top three are Mineralize Satinfinish (I like the glow it gives & the lighter coverage), MatchMaster (really does feel weightless & has decent coverage), & Pro Longwear coming in 3rd.

You get 1.18 oz & this foundation is $32.50, but I think it's worth it.  I do find that it blends better than the Pro Longwear on dry skin, but I still recommend Pro Longwear for Oily/Combo skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment